How old do you need to be?

You need to be at least 17 years old. If you are under 18 you will need permission from a parent or guardian.

What sort of driving licence do I need?

You need to hold a UK Provisional Driving Licence, and will also need to obtain a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) Certificate.

If you are aged 16 you can only ride a 50cc moped. These are limited to approx 30mph.  We do not have any 50cc mopeds, so are unable to supply a moped to anyone age 16 at this moment in time.

If you are aged 17 or over you can ride up to a 125cc machine if you hold a provisional driving licence and a CBT Certificate.

If you hold a Full UK Driving Licence and passed your test before 1st February 2001 then you can ride a 50cc moped without taking a CBT. It is Wheels to Work policy that even if you do not legally need a CBT, if you wish to loan  a Wheels to Work moped you will require a valid CBT certificate to ride a 50cc or a 125cc moped. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY 50cc MOPEDS to rent at this time.

If you passed your driving test after 1st February 2001 you will need to complete your CBT to ride any bike.

How much does it cost?

The cost of the moped depends on which contract you are eligible for.

Give us a call to check which contract  you would be setting up and the weekly price.

The rental cost includes  comprehensive insurance, road tax and servicing

How do I pay for my bike?

Payments are made in advance every week by chip and pin, or by bank payment.

How long can I have the bike for?

Our contracts run for 12 weeks, but if you are still struggling to find transport a second contract may be possible, subject to terms and conditions.

Are there any other costs?

You will have to pay for your fuel and any damage that  happens while the moped is contracted to you. It is also part of the contract that you  must have a motorcycle jacket, helmet and gloves. We do not include these within the rental costs, but we have a full range of motorcycle helmets, gloves and other accessories at our showroom in Camborne.

You are also responsible for any accidental damage to the bike up to our insurance excess of £400. This can include, but is not limited to punctured tyres, scuffs or scrapes to the bike.

If you abuse or misuse the bike, or fail to carry out basic maintenance, such as topping up oil or using chain lube then you may be liable for the full cost of any repairs.

What happens if my bike breaks down or needs a repair?

During the rental period we provide free services and safety checks for your vehicle. We have a mobile workshop facility, which means we can come to you. Minor problems with your machine can often be fixed at your home, but if we do need to bring the bike into our workshop, we offer a replacement machine, subject to availability.

Can I buy the moped?


For more information, please call the office on 01209 718888 to discuss purchasing a machine.

Additional information

The loan fee includes VAT, road tax, comprehensive insurance, servicing and safety checks.

We can supply new helmets, jackets and gloves. Helmets start from £50 and gloves from £24. A range of styles are available from our shop.

The fees are payable in advance. Each payment after this is due every week (card payments are acceptable) Your bike will be removed if you miss a payment.

Oil for the bikes must be purchased through Cornwall Wheels to Work, to comply with the warranty of our bikes.

The free safety check will be carried out every 6-8 weeks to ensure bike safety. You will be liable for any damage to the bike up to a maximum £400 per incident, which represents the insurance excess.

You will be instructed on how to care for the bike on a daily basis. If you fail to carry out the basic normal bike maintenance, you will be charged in full for any repairs needed due to neglect.